Recipe by andypandy
nice company or aniversary cake, this is a very old recipe.
Top Review by ArtistikJen
Thank you for this recipe! This is the best white cake I've had in a very long time. Very light, moist, and fluffy! This cake is wedding-cake quality. I used only a simple buttercream icing (and did not incorporate the fruit) and made several cupcakes with it. I will be making this cake again in the future!
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candied cherry
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- buttercream frosting (or your favorite Fluffy Seven Minute Frosting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease four 8 inch round pans, and flour.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and beat all until fluffy and light.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients, alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the batter.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until tester comes away clean.
- Allow to cool, invert onto cooling rack.
- In the top of a double boiler place the sugar and butter.
- Beat well together.
- Add the egg yolks and again beat well to incorporate all.
- Stir int the water and brandy extract.
- Place over boiling water in the bottom part of double boiler.
- Cook stirring until thickened.
- Remove and add, nuts fruit, and coconut.
- Stir to combine well.
- Let cool completely.
- Fill cooled cakes with cooled filling.
- Frost the top and sides with a fluffy seven minutes frosting, or your favoutie white creamy frosting.