An exciting explosion of flavors to accent almost any meat, but especially delicious over fish, chicken or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup mushroom, chopped fine
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, chopped into 1 tablespoon pieces (no substitutions)
- salt or black pepper or cayenne pepper or tarragon
- 1Cook the Chardonnay and the onion together over a low fire until the wine is reduced and the onion is very soft and transparent.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in another heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add the flour and whisk until blended.
- 4Add the stock a little at a time, whisking constantly until blended and thickened.
- 5Add the mushrooms, green pepper and garlic. Cover and simmer down until the vegetables are soft.
- 6Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of butter pieces until melted.
- 7Add to the Chardonnay (which should now be reduced to a glaze) mixture.
- 8Blend well over very low heat.
- 9Season to taste with salt (may not be needed), black pepper, cayenne, and tarragon.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Landry's Pontchartrain Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 186.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g