Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An exciting explosion of flavors to accent almost any meat, but especially delicious over fish, chicken or pork.
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped fine
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chopped into 1 tablespoon pieces (no substitutions)
- salt or black pepper or cayenne pepper or tarragon
- Cook the Chardonnay and the onion together over a low fire until the wine is reduced and the onion is very soft and transparent.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in another heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until blended.
- Add the stock a little at a time, whisking constantly until blended and thickened.
- Add the mushrooms, green pepper and garlic. Cover and simmer down until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of butter pieces until melted.
- Add to the Chardonnay (which should now be reduced to a glaze) mixture.
- Blend well over very low heat.
- Season to taste with salt (may not be needed), black pepper, cayenne, and tarragon.
Exactly how I wanted it to be. A perfect light sauce, great on fish and my wife and I enjoy it with filet mignon.