Recipe by luvmybge
Landi's is a famous pork store in Brooklyn New York. You will LOVE these. They make a great appetizer. I served them with a side of marinara sauce. I use medium grain rice because it holds together better than long grain rice. These are easily frozen and then reheated in the oven.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs rice (about 3 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 1⁄4 lb ham, finely diced
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, finely diced
- 1⁄4 lb salami, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄4 lb locatelli cheese, grated
- flour, for coating
- egg, for coating
- breadcrumbs, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Allow rice to cool before mixing.
- Grind up the meats and mozzarella then mix together with rice along with the parsley and Locatelli cheese. I use my food processor to chop the meat and cheese.
- Mix until it is easy to roll into a ball.
- Then coat each ball with flour, dip in egg, then bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.