Recipe by CJAY
I found this on reciperascal.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Norway Scandinavia Note: Prep time does not include first rising.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh yeast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups rye flour (coarsely ground)
- 1 cup wheat bran (or 1 cup wheat germ)
- 3 1⁄3 lbs all-purpose flour (you need more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water. Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Add oil and the yeast mix. Knead the dough well. You will probably have to add (quite a bit) more wheat to get the right consistency. Cover it and leave it to rise to twice its original size in a warm place. Knead the dough, and shape into 4 round loaves. Leave them to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Put them in the oven at 425* for 35-50 minutes.
- I usually add 1 teaspoons sugar to the dry ingredients. I also add sesame seed, rolled oats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and/or wheat germ.