My grandmother has been making these since I can remember. They are my *favorite* cookies.
Make and share this Landau Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 29.58 ml orange juice or 29.58 ml water
- 295.73 ml flour, sifted
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 19.71 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml walnuts, finely chopped
- 340.19 g chocolate chips
- pureed and strained raspberries (optional)
- Beat first three ingredients (butter, egg yolk, and OJ).
- Sift and stir in next three ingredients (sifted flour, sugar, and baking powder).
- Press into a greased pan (9x13") (note, I frequently use a glass as a makeshift rolling pin for this step).
- Bake in oven (350) for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle at once with chocolate chips.
- Return to oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and spread chocolate.
- Cover with optional pureed raspberries.
- Beat two eggs until thick, 3/4 cups sugar, and melted butter.
- Mix in 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract and the chopped walnuts.
- Spread mixture over chocolate (raspberries).
- Return to oven and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into bars as desired.