1/2 Photos of Landau Cookies
1 hr 5 mins
My grandmother has been making these since I can remember. They are my *favorite* cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- pureed and strained raspberries (optional)
- 1Beat first three ingredients (butter, egg yolk, and OJ).
- 2Sift and stir in next three ingredients (sifted flour, sugar, and baking powder).
- 3Press into a greased pan (9x13") (note, I frequently use a glass as a makeshift rolling pin for this step).
- 4Bake in oven (350) for 10 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle at once with chocolate chips.
- 6Return to oven for 1-2 minutes.
- 7Remove and spread chocolate.
- 8Cover with optional pureed raspberries.
- 9Beat two eggs until thick, 3/4 cups sugar, and melted butter.
- 10Mix in 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract and the chopped walnuts.
- 11Spread mixture over chocolate (raspberries).
- 12Return to oven and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- 13Cut into bars as desired.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Landau Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 49.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g