Recipe by Kit_Kat
I found this recipe in a flyer from Land o' Lakes. This is a rich buttery spritz recipe which produces a very manageable amount of dough. I lost the flyer for a couple of years, then came across it again, so I am adding it here for safe keeping. It is not the same as the one on Land O' Lakes site.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed for at least 3 minutes, or until color becomes very light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add extracts and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture 1/2 cup at a time until all flour is added.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Load dough into cookie press.
- Press onto an ungreased cookie about one inch apart.
- Add sprinkles or colored sugars for decoration if desired.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Preparation times does not include chilling time.