Recipe by Mamie37
Delicious smooth sauce for vegetables or fish..
Top Review by Dimpi
I'm not rating this recipe because it didn't quite work for me and most likely because I didn't make it right. I thought the flour was maybe too much because the sauce thickened a real lot. Once I added the butter and it melted, it did not incorporate with the rest of the sauce. So it looked like little flour dumplings floating in melted butter. No amount of whisking made it smooth. Besides being rather unattractive, the taste was unlike any other lemon butter sauce I've eaten. I probably wouldn't try this again very soon as tonight was an indulgance. However, I want to learn the technique so I will give it another shot sometime.
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup creamed butter, cut in 8 pieces
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, shallots and lemon juice in a 10 inch non reactive skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 5-7 minutes.
- Continue boiling until liquid almost evaporates about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add flour, mix well.
- Slowly stir in cream with wire whisk until well mixed.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If sauce starts to curdle, decrease heat, whisk until smooth.