Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy, main dish salad
- 2 cups fish, cooked and flaked (canned is fine)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellmann's)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 cup peas, cooked to crisp-tender
- 1 cup beet, cooked and sliced
- 2 eggs, hard cooked
- salad greens
- Combine first five ingredients lightly, taking care not to break the fish into too small pieces.
- Arrange salad greens on chilled plates.
- Pile salad lightly onto greens and garnish with alternate slices of beets and eggs.
Amazing! I added shredded crab meat and shrimp. I used Hellmann's Light mayo. I mixed the beets into the salad and they turned it purple - I think next time I will use red peppers for color and texture instead. My kids and I loved it, my DH (not a huge beet fan) liked it.
Interesting combination of flavours. Sorry about the egg slices, my hard boiled egg turned out soft boiled, my bad. I used some cod fish and had no frozen peas but did have a nice mix of snap peas and water chestnuts etc., which worked out quite well. All in all I did enjoy it, something different ! and a nice change to have my cod. Thanks for posting.
Mmmm! Did we ever have a good lunch today! I had smoked salmon on hand, so I thought I'd try it in this recipe. It went very nicely with all the other flavours in the salad, although it was very rich. To balance that out, I added sliced boiled potatoes and plain croutons and a bit of sour cream instead of some of the mayo. I also stacked the beets underneath the fish mixture and egg, I was afraid it might dye everything... Very satisfying meal, thank you!