Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Beef tenderloin and prawns serve with Crimini risotto.
- 1 lb brown button mushroom, slice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 cup sweet onion, small cubes
- 1 cup plum tomato, slice
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 12 pieces beef tenderloin, 3/8 inch steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 18 prawns, 16 - 20
- unsalted butter
- fresh chives, minced
- Heat medium stockpot and add 3 tbsp butter, crimini, garlic, shallots, sweet onion and for 5 minutes. Pour in plum tomatoes, beef broth and water bring to a boil and reduce to a low simmer.
- In a heated 12 inch sauté pan add 3 tbsp butter in the Arborio rice and stir with a wooden spatula. When the mixture is well blended add in 2 cups of warm stock and stirring at all time over a simmer. Add in the when the broth had been absorbed add it 3/4 cup and stirring; repeat this step until all of the broth is gone. Add in the wine and 2 tbsp butter and stirring the risotto after 20 minutes when the risotto is al dente cover and keep warm.
- In a heated 12” sauté pan add 4 tbsp butter and when the butter turn a light brown add beef steaks, salt and pepper and sauté to a medium rare and place into a warm plate.
- Clean the saute pan and add 3 tbsp butter, prawns and salt and saute until the prawns turn pink. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- Serve the risotto and top with 2 pieces of beef tenderloin and 3 prawns per serving. Top with minced chive.