Recipe by Realto Love
Originally came up with this as a diabetic alternative to some of the sweeter mixed drinks diabetics can't partake in.
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 4 fluid ounces Southern Comfort, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup ice, recipe in directions
- 2 packets Equal sugar substitute (Any sweetner equal to 4 tsp sugar will do)
- 1 whole mint leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shaker, for the wealthy, or a jar, for us poor country boys, break the mint sprig and separate leaves in bottom.
- Add water and Equal.
- Crush mint and stir as vigorously as you please.
- Add Southern Comfort and ice (not the crushed).
- Shake until you think it is done.
- (or ice decides to be melted).
- In your favorite glass add 1 mint leaf (optional), and remaining ice.
- Strain jarred mixture over your ice/mint and let cool to acceptable temperature.
- Lather, Rinse, Repeat as necessary.