Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the momma & me & you cookbook
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 lb crispy bacon, chopped fine
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- In medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and Worcestershire sauce until well blended.
- In salad bowl, add spinach, cooked bacon, eggs.
- Pour dressing over spinach mixture and lightly toss.
- Add salt and pepper and toss again.
Lancers was a restaurant on the way to Lake Tahoe from Reno way back when. I remember the first time I had this salad. It was on a date when I was in my mid teens. I was so impressed with the salad and the restaurant!
This is a really good salad! I added some chopped onion and used turkey bacon. The dressing was sweet and tangy; it went very nicely with the salad ingredients. Thanx for posting this yummy salad!