Now THIS is Lancaster County cooking! This is an Amish/Mennonite specialty dish! You will NOT be disappointed! Of course in our area, many of the markets and butcher/meat shops, sell ham loaf meat (already ground and mixed) but I've simplified this by making it possible for all of you outside of the area to create your own! This is SO delicious! ENJOY!
- Grind meat (if necessary).
- Mix ground meats, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and milk together.
- Shape into a loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
- For the sauce, mix the brown sugar, dry mustard, water and vinegar together.
- Pour sauce over loaf.
- Continue to bake for another hour.