Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is delicious served with syrup or ketchup - your preference, and served alongside eggs. We also like to eat it here in Lancaster County with milk - or just browned butter - right after it's cooked. (before putting it in the loaf pan) Otherwise, pour it into the loaf pan & let it cool, then keep it in the refrigerator until cooled completely & it can easily be sliced. This recipe is so simple, I was almost embarrassed to post - but it's what we eat here - and I've seen numerous requests for this - so here it is! ENJOY!
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cover& simmer 10-20 minutes (LOW heat).
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Cool and then cut into thin pieces.
- Fry till golden brown on both sides.