1/1 Photo of Lancashire Roots and Beans Soup
3 hrs 20 mins
I found this recipe on the web while I was on a search for ZWT recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can broad beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1Put all root vegetables into a very large pot with 3 quarts of water, a tsp of salt, black pepper, bay leaf, a pinch of thyme and a pinch of rosemary.
- 2Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer very gently with lid on for at least 2 hours.
- 3When all vegetables are cooked, add all the beans.
- 4Simmer 30 minutes.
- 5Serve with bread.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lancashire Roots and Beans Soup
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 701.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 11.3 g