Recipe by Member #610488
During a family get-together in Hawaii one Christmas a couple of years ago, these beans were served to us by the caterer at a local luau on the island of Lanai and they were gracious enough to give me the recipe. I've changed the name to protect the guilty but I really have to say these are great beans.
- 3 (28 ounce) cansbush's original baked beans
- 1 fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub deep casserole with butter and pour in beans.
- Blend brown sugar, mustard and salt with juice and into beans along with half the pineapple and half the meat.
- Arrange remaining fruit and meat atop mixture and bake one hour at 350°F
- Cover casserole during last 20 mins, if fruit browns too fast.