Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
these are fantastic! one of the things that I really miss from back home!
- 2⁄3 cup margarine or 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 8 tablespoons boiling water
- desiccated coconut
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Cream the butter and add sugar.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla then add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and milk.
- Spread in the pan and bake 35- 40 minutes at 350 F.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight for easier handling.
- Cut into serving sizes, which would be about 2 x 1 1/2-inches Sift icing sugar and cocoa together.
- Stir in water.
- Roll cakes in the chocolate icing and then in the coconut.