Recipe by *Marli*
These chocolate cookies are a twist on the Australian cakes, Lamingtons. Found this recipe in the 'Australian Women's Weekly Biscuits & Slices'.
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup coconut (extra)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate, butter and sugar over low heat, until melted.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg, coconut and sifted flours.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Roll 2 level teaspoon of mix into balls- roll in extra coconut, place on oven tray and flatten slightly.
- Allowing 2cm between drops.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes, or until coconut is slightlty coloured.