Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Lambsquarters are generally considered a weed. You have probably yanked them out of your own flowerbed and never knew that they were good to eat. They taste like swiss chard. Be sure not to over cook them. I was surprised that no one else had posted about them here. Be sure that you check that you are picking the real thing, here is a good reference http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/cheal.htm there are many more, but this one has a good picture.
- Heat oil in a sautee pan and dice the onion.
- Wash the leaves and stems, bring the water to a boil.
- Brown the onion, when brown set aside with a lid on.
- Steam the leaves/stems until tender @2 minute Mix juice with onions and oil.
- Put leaves in a bowl, drizzle with onion/lemon/oil sauce and sprinkle with seeds and salt.
- Serve immediately.
I LOVE Lambsquarters! They are wonderful steamed, with butter and salt and pepper. And this recipe sounds great!