Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Makes 1 loaf of Baa Nana Bread
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 dried dates, chopped
- 6 dried apricot halves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 medium very ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8 x 4" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dates and apricots.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg; add the mashed banana and milk.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture, and mix just until blended.
- Do not overblend.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly on rack.