1/1 Photo of Lambcarre Provencale
1 hr 20 mins
A specialty of the Kronenhalle, Zurich, Switzerland (taken from the Galloping Gourmet) For Zaar World Tour II '06
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 (2 lb) lamb racks, trimmed, outer skin scored diagonally, meat cut out from between ribs
- 1/4 cup flour, to dust
- 1 garlic clove, slivered
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb potato, peeled and placed in cold water to cover
- clarified butter
- 1/8 cup white breadcrumb
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine herbs and mustard. Spread on scored skin of lamb, pressing down well into cuts.
- 3Dust lightly with flour. Insert garlic slivers into meat in between ribs. Season well with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 4Drain potatoes well and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- 5Lightly coat large ovenproof frying pan with clarified butter and heat well.
- 6Add potatoes and cook until golden brown, about 9 minutes.
- 7Place lamb on top of potatoes and place entire pan into oven. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 8Dust lamb with bread crumbs and roast another 30 minutes.
- 9Remove meat from oven, drain off fat and place meat on heated serving platter.
- 10Turn oven to broil and broil potatoes for 2 minutes until crusty and golden brown.
- 11Arrange potatoes around meat to serve.
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lambcarre Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1217.6
- Calories from Fat 943
- Total Fat 104.8 g
- Saturated Fat 45.9 g
- Cholesterol 229.8 mg
- Sodium 1343.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 46.7 g