Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Quick, easy and delicious meal. Minimum fuss cooking at it's best. I found this recipe in the February 09 edition of "Recipes+". I didn't have chives on hand so used 1/2 red onion finely chopped instead. I also used loin chops and think the lamb leg steaks would work well too. I served it with a small helping of couscous.
- 400 g cannellini beans
- 2 tomatoes, small, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard, wholegrain
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 lamb chops, forequarter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, tomato and avocado in a large bowl.
- Combine herbs, juice, oil, mustard and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir half the herb mixture through the salad.
- Heat oiled BBQ or char grill pan over a moderate heat. Cook lamb for 3 -4 minutes each side or until cooked as you like it.
- To serve:- Place bean salad on plates. Top with lamb and remaining herb mixture.