Recipe by Pets'R'us
Lamb and spinach is always a good combination in Indian curries. Not Indian but very nice is this Greek style dish which has that combination. It is very simple and this was "born" after a holiday in Greece and trying to re-create the taste and with that the memories of a holiday! My husband likes this with rice, I prefer it with orzo.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs cubed lamb
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup bouillon or 1 cup stock
- 1 3⁄4 lbs fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the cubed lamb, heat the oil in a dutch oven and brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until the onion gets translucent.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer slowly for 40- 50 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Was the spinach and cook for about 5-7 minutes, without adding any water, drain very well and chop roughly.
- When the lamb had its cooking time, add the spinach together with the oregano and the lemon juice.
- On a medium heat and stirring regularly, cook until most cooking juices have evaporated, but it should still be moist.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the feta cheese.