Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Stuffing the lamb roast allows the flavours to permeate the meat with intense flavour. Cooking time is approximate. Cook to your prefered 'doneness'. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Unroll the lamb.
- Place fat side down and trim off any excess fat.
- In a small bowl combine the mint, bacon, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar.
- Mix to a paste.
- Rub the paste evenly over the inside of the lamb roast.
- Roll the lamb back up and tie with kitchen string.
- Wrap up and refridgerate for 12-24 hours.
- When ready to cook preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unwrap the lamb.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil and 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- Brush some of it over the lamb.
- You can sprinkle the lamb with some salt and pepper if you wish.
- Roast the lamb, basting with the oil mixture occasionally until it's done to your liking.
- About 1 hour for medium.
- Serve in slices with roast vegetables.