Recipe by amanda l b
This is an somewhat unsual combination of ingredients - but it works! I found it on another website and tweaked it a little for my own taste. A great dinner party recipe - I served it over a simple mushroom risotto and it looked (and tasted!) wonderful. The recipe says boned loin of lamb, but I've also used lamb steaks. Ideally the lamb should be no more than 2cm thick.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 500 g loin lamb, boned
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all visble fat from the lamb.
- Blend or process oil, ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce and herbs until smooth.
- Place the lamb in the dish and spread the herb mixture on both sides of the lamb.
- Marinade the lamb for at least one hour, although the longer the better.
- Heat up a grill or barbecue and grill the lamb for about 4-5 minutes on each side -this will produce lamb that is cooked medium (still pink inside).
- Remove the lamb from the grill and cover with foil.
- Stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice lamb and serve.