Recipe by Latchy
This is an East meets West recipe. The lamb can be done a day ahead so can the mayo just keep in the fridge. Marinading time not taken into account for cook time.
- 500 g whole pieces lamb, eye of loin
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 250 g udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 head garlic, peeled and chopped coarsely (70g)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lamb pieces, pepper, rind and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Cook lamb on heated oiled griddle (or grill or BBQ) until browned all over and cooked as desired.
- Stand 10 minutes, slice thinly and cover to keep warm.
- Cook noodles in large pan of boiling water, uncovered until just tender; drain.
- Combine remaining olive oil, vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the garlic mayonnaise in jar, shake well.
- Gently toss lamb noodles, tomatoes and basil with vinaigrette in large bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in large pan; deep fry onion rings, in batches, until browned and crisp.
- Drain on aper towel.
- Top noodles and lamb with onion rings and the remainder of the 1/3 cup of Garlic Mayonnaise.
- GARLIC MAYONNAISE: Blend or process garlic, egg yolk, water and juice until combined.
- With motor operating, gradually pour in oil and process until thick.