1 hr 25 mins
From the Foodcourt column by Anjali Vellody, Weekend magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break open the limes and remove the seeds from inside.
- 2Powder the lime pieces in a dry grinder.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet.
- 4Toss in the onions and stir-fry until transparent.
- 5Add lamb and stir-cook until the lamb is well browned.
- 6Add powdered lime, warm water (just enough to cover lamb) and the stock cube.
- 7Cook until the lamb is well cooked and the gravy is thick.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Garnish with pepper, mint leaves and parsley.
- 10Serve hot with rice or parathas!
Browse Our Top Lime Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb with dried lime
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leg of lamb
vegetable stock cubes