Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Foodcourt column by Anjali Vellody, Weekend magazine.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large leg of lamb, cut in medium pieces
- 8 large onions, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 8 dried limes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 maggi vegetable stock cube, with onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Break open the limes and remove the seeds from inside.
- Powder the lime pieces in a dry grinder.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Toss in the onions and stir-fry until transparent.
- Add lamb and stir-cook until the lamb is well browned.
- Add powdered lime, warm water (just enough to cover lamb) and the stock cube.
- Cook until the lamb is well cooked and the gravy is thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with pepper, mint leaves and parsley.
- Serve hot with rice or parathas!