Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
- 1814.36 g lamb, cut into cubes
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml dill
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 283.49 g package frozen peas
- Salt& pepper lamb cubes.
- Heat butter in sauce pan and saute lamb until it is light brown, no more red or pink.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine and broth and dill.
- Cover the pot and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender.
- Mix in sour cream and heavy cream.
- Remove the lamb and set aside.
- Cook the sauce for 10 minutes over low heat.
- In another small sauce pan cook mushrooms in lemon juice with salt and pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and peas to lamb sauce and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until peas are warmed.
- Return lamb to sauce.
- Serve over white rice.
This is an excellent recipe! I too skipped step 7 .. My husband loved this! I served it with mashed potatoes and fresh bread (great with the sauce) .. thanks Dancer^ !!
A deliciously unique flavor combination. Like Jan S, I made half the recipe, skipped step 7 and saved half the dill to add just before serving. I also reduced the sauce a bit before adding the cream and sour cream. The lamb is accented by a subtle lemon, sour cream , dill flavored sauce - offset by sweet green peas. I served it with wide egg noodles and Blueberry Ice Box Pie (Blueberry Icebox Pie). I will make this again ! *^-^*
Dancer, this recipe was so good I can't believe it! I halved it, and still ended up with 4 generous serves. I halved the dill, but ended up putting in the other half at the end. I omitted step 7 just leaving the lamb in the pan the whole time. This recipe is easy to assemble and make, and the end result tastes fantastic. We had it over horseradish mash with steamed potatoes.