Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love lamb, growing up with it on the farm. But, there are times that you just can't stand one more "lamb with mint jelly" recipe. This is the one recipe you serve for that Special Occasion; I serve Spinach timbales and Mashed Sweet Potatoes with this dish.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shallots (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups blackberries, pulp (strained)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove, bud
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups port wine
- 4 lamb chops
- Sauté the chopped shallots and garlic in hot olive oil until translucent.
- Mix the blackberry pulp, honey, clove, cardamom, and jalapeño; then add the port.
- Reduce to half, then add the add remaining ingredients.
- Grill the lamb chops for about 4 minutes each side for medium.
- Serve with sauce.