2 hrs 15 mins
I got this out of a "Taste of Home" Christmas issue a few years back. The lady who submitted this was Jewish, and this was her entree for her Hanukkah meal. I'm not Jewish, but I love lamb, and this recipe is a winner! The sweetness of the citrus fruits and the the heat from the spices really stand out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 boneless lamb shoulder, cubed (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, halved
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
- 2Add the lamb, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, salt and pepper.
- 3Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until meat is browned.
- 4Add apricots, orange juice, almonds and orange peel.
- 5Transfer to a 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- 6Stir in broth.
- 7Cover and bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 8Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb with Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 121.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless lamb shoulder