Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just posting for safe keeping
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lamb, cubed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup raw white rice
- 1 lb potato, pared and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 28 ounces tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Pre heat oven 350.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, brown lamb in batches.
- Add onion and garlic, saute' until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Return lamb to skillet, mixing well.
- In a 3qt casserole,place in layers, 1/3 meat,rice, potatoes,salt,curry powder,pepper,zucchini,artichokes and tomatoes.
- Repeat layering twice with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake covered, 1 1/2 hrs or until lamb and potatoes are tender.
- Top with parsley and serve.