- 1 bulb of garlic, left whole unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg lamb, cubes
- 800 g ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer garlic bulb in boiling water for 20 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile heat oil in saucepan (or electric fry pan) and saute lamb pieces until browned all over.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Squeeze each garlic clove by hand into meat mixture, discarding skins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water to cover.
- Stir and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours until tender.
- During last 15 minutes of cooking stir through lemon juice.