1 hr 25 mins
An elegant and sophisticated roast. Your guests will be so impressed. Serve with salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) racks of lamb, bones removed (lamb tenderloin)
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
Garlic Potato Cakes
- 1 potato, peeled, washed and grated (1/2 lb)
- 1/4 onion, washed and grated
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil over medium heat.
- 4Sear lamb in oil on both sides.
- 5Place in a small roasting pan and roast for 8-10 minutes (this cut is best served rare to medium-rare).
- 6Mix grated potato and onion together; rinse mixture under slowly running cold water about 5 minutes.
- 7Press to remove water.
- 8Add flour, garlic, egg, cream, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 9Form one cake per person (to the size of the saute pan); sauté in oil on both sides.
- 10Set aside, but keep warm.
- 11Sauté lamb bones until golden brown.
- 12Add onion and carrot to pan.
- 13Turn heat down to low and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- 14Add flour; cook 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 15Add water, wine, thyme, and bay leaf; cook 15-20 minutes (sauce should be thick and golden in color).
- 16Strain sauce, discarding solids.
- 17Whip butter into sauce.
- 18Season to taste.
- 19For pretty presentation, slice lamb thin and place on plates in circular forms, drizzle sauce around the lamb and serve the potato cakes on the side.
- 20Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Tenderloin and Garlic Potato Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.6
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 248.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: