Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Morrocan lamb stew.
Make and share this Lamb Tagine recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 lbs lamb stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3⁄4 lb pitted prune
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add to pot and saute until brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon transfer lamb to a bowl. Add onion to pot; saute 2 minutes. Return lamb, stir in water, saffron, cinnamon stick and 1/4 cup oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat , cover and simmer until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer lamb to bowl. Discard cinnamon stick. Add pitted prunes and summer 10 minutes. Stir in honey and ground cinnamon. Increase heat and boil mixture until it resembles a thick syrup, about 15 minutes. Return lamb to pot and season with salt and pepper.