Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These stuffed peppers are very tasty. I cut them top to bottom. They cook faster and look lovely. It is nice if you can mix red, yellow & Green peppers If you wish top them with some breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese. They really don't need it but it gives a nice finishto them. I like golden raisins but dark are fine too. They look lovely on a buffet table. Use any type of pepper you like. Anaheim are really peppy or the long extra sweet red are good too. If you use the long peppers cut the bake time to 20 minutes. Their skin is thinner and needs less bake time
- 6 large bell peppers, cut top to bottom, seeded and membranes removed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 2 ounces raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- Fry the lamb and onion in a non stick skillet until the lamb is lightly colored.
- Add nuts, raisins, spices, mix well and saute 1 minute, season with salt & pepper.
- Stuff the peppers, set into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in 375F oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the lemon juice , not too much.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Good and really simple stuffed pepper recipe. I added Parmesan at the end and it definitely blended well. I prefer my peppers to be roasted in a dish like this so it took a little longer for the thick peppers I used to soften up.