Recipe by Karin...
These Lamb Sticks are really beautiful! And the Herb Yoghurt Dip is a wonderful 'condiment' to go with the lamb. We have these as an appetizer before having a BBQ. Both the sticks and the dip can be prepared a day ahead.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
This is a TERRIFIC recipe, One that today was made by ME! :) "If I could only read" sometimes, My comedy can be added to my rhymes! Used 1 lb/almost 500g lamb mince, TRUE! Then FORGOT to put parsley into lamb mixture too! Wound up is ok for me, As parsley is in the yogurt sauce definately to see! With the less amount, obtained 30 lamb rolled balls, TRUE! Put 3 on each skewer, on to the BBQ! VERY economical, healthy too, OH, did I mention was VERY yummy and did NOT forget to put the red wine in to! :) THANKS! UPDATE: Photo added :)
- 750 g lean lamb fillets, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine
HERB YOGHURT DIP
- 500 g unsweetened plain yogurt
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lamb, onion, garlic, wine, spices and herbs in bowl.
- Mix well.
- Shape enough mixture (about 1 tablespoon) around 1 end of the skewers.
- Just before serving: grill sticks on BBQ until well browned all over and cooked through.
- Herb Yoghurt Dip: combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Serve Lamb Sticks with the Herb Yoghurt Dip.
- TIP: If you wet the skewers before barbecuing, they will not burn.