Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 28 mins
From Cooking Light
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups diagonally cut carrots
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 1⁄2 cups hot cooked couscous
- Heat oil in a large pot coated with cooking spray over med-high heat.
- Add in lamb; cook 5 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Remove lamb from pan; add onion and 2 tablespoons water to pan.
- Decrease heat and simmer 3 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Return lamb to pan; add in the carrots and next 6 ingredientss; bring to a boil.
- Cover, decrease heat, and simmer 1 hour and 10 minutes or until lamb is tender.
- Add in honey and zucchini, cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in cranberries; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Adjust seasoning to taste; serve stew over couscous.