Recipe by Dwynnie
This is a great stew for a cold fall/winter dinner. I think the leftovers are even better!
- 1360.77 g red potatoes, diced
- 453.59 g onion, diced
- 1360.77 g lamb stew meat
- 85.04 g cooked bacon, crumbled
- 118.29 ml apple cider or 118.29 ml beer
- 473.18 ml beef stock, 1/2 cup reserved
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 9.85-14.78 ml dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 14.79 ml parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 22.18 ml salt
- 88.74 ml flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker, reserving the extra 1/2 cup stock and the flour.
- Cook on low 7 hours.
- Slowly mix reserved stock into flour, then add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving with garlic bread.