Recipe by Dwynnie
This is a great stew for a cold fall/winter dinner. I think the leftovers are even better!
- 3 lbs red potatoes, diced
- 1 lb onion, diced
- 3 lbs lamb stew meat
- 3 ounces cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 cups beef stock, 1/2 cup reserved
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 6 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker, reserving the extra 1/2 cup stock and the flour.
- Cook on low 7 hours.
- Slowly mix reserved stock into flour, then add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving with garlic bread.