- 6 medium peeled potatoes, cut in chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2 large onions, cut in chunks
- 1 lb lean lamb stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 cups beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Put half of the vegetables in heavy 2 quart casserole, add all the meat and top with remaining vegetables.
- Add seasonings to stock and pour over vegetables and meat. Put several sprigs of parsley on top.
- Cover and cook in preheated 400 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and cook another hour.