Recipe by MizzNezz
Fit for a king!!
Top Review by Polar Bear
I have made this dish over and over again. At the end of cooking time, the lamb is fork tender and no single flavor is overwhelming in this stew - everything blends well. However, the first time I made it, I added 3 tablespoons of Kikkoman sauce. The second time I did it I added 1/4 cup of white wine at the start of cooking. Both strategies yielded different results and tastes but nonetheless satisfying and my family wants me to do this stew over and over again till I am old and toothless... Enjoy ! Thanks MizzNezz for sharing.
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3 teaspoons shortening
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- hot water
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 6 potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the lamb meat in flour.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- Add the lamb and cook and stir until brown.
- Add onions, Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Cover with hot water.
- Simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add carrots, and potatoes.
- Cook 30 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cook 10 more minutes.
- Thicken the liquid if you like.