Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My husband loves this stew and asks me to make it often.
- 3 lbs lamb stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 15 baby carrots
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups water, with
- 3 beef bouillon cubes, added
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil, for frying meat
- Heat oil in skillet.
- While oil is heating put flour in a paper bag at this point I add to the flour mixture salt, pepper and garlic powder to my tastes I do not measure.
- Put some stew meat in bag and shake.
- Put meat in pan and brown on all sides.
- When all meat is browned add to crockpot.
- Add all other ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours, depending on your crockpot mine seems to cook fast so 6 hours is enough.
- Depending on your tastes you may want to increase or decrease the seasoning, sometimes I add less and sometimes I add more or you may want to add other ingredients to the stew depending on your likings.