Recipe by cheddar97005
Easy and flavorful with a hint of the Mediterranean!
Top Review by dreamcookie
My husband and I thought these lamb steaks were truly fabulous, even without the white onions. I think next time I will add a little salt to the marinade, but that's the only thing I would add as this this recipe is packed full of wonderful flavor. We thank you cheddar97005 for a truly wonderful recipe which we will enjoy many times over.
- 2 large lamb leg steaks
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ingrediants and marinate the lamb leg steaks (large chops will work if you can't find the steaks) for 4 or 5 hours.
- Remove from marinade and cook in a 400 degree oven for 35 - 40 minutes depending on the size of the steaks.
- Serve with potatoes that have been tossed with olive oil and coarse salt and a splash of balsamic vinegar and roasted at 400 for about 40 minutes.
- Add a handful of crumbled feta cheese to the top of the potatoes when serving.
- A steamed vegetable, bread & butter, and a nice bottle of wine round out this meal!