Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just love my microwave and this dish is another reason why.
Make and share this Lamb & Spinach Pie - Microwave recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 egg white
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix crust ingredients, press against bottom and sides of 9" pie pan.
- Combine lamb and spices, microwave on hi 4-5 minutes until no longer pink, drain, set aside.
- Layer spinach leaves into crust, top with tomato slices, top with meat mixture sprinkle with cheese and oil.
- Cover with wax paper and cook on high 6-8 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes, covered, before slicing.
This was incredibly easy, looked lovely when prepared and tasted great. I also chose to brown the meat on the stovetop instead of in the microwave, but otherwise followed the remaining microwave instructions. The spinach comes out so very lovely in this...bright green and lightly steamed. Great!
The first time I made this recipe, I followed it exactly, and it was TERRIFIC...however, I try to use meatless products whenever I can, so I just made it again using the Morningstar Farms Sausage grillers..no need to cook them first, just defrost! I also used a mexican cheese blend, just for something different, and it was terrific as well. Thanks for the greata recipe, chia!
Chia, you did it again. We really liked the Lamb and spinach pie. What a good combation. I didn't have enough brown rice. So I mixed some Brown & Wild rice with it, Very good. Also sauted the lamb and onion with spices on top of the stove. It is so good and easy. A good recipe for hot weather when you don't want to use the stove.