Recipe by mortar&pestle
A recipe I learnt in high school cooking class - became a staple for summer BBQ's
Top Review by BarbryT
Yum! The seasonings are delicious on the lamb (although sea salt sprinkled on the kebabs after cooking is essential in my opinion). I love the accompaniments too. I garnished the yogurt with fresh mint and the hummus with a bit of olive oil and pine nuts.
- 500 g lamb, diced and threaded onto skewers
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 flat bread (pita, lavosh etc)
- 1⁄2 lettuce
- 1 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil, crushed garlic, onion, bay leaves, lemon juice and oregano together in a shallow dish or marinader. Add meat skewers and marinade for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Shred lettuce and cut up tomato into slices, put into serving bowls.
- Cook meat on a BBQ or grill pan for 4-5 minutes on each side until well cooked.
- To serve - Place the flat breads, lettuce, tomato, greek yoghurt and hommus and cooked skewers on the table for self serve.