Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes great use of leftover lamb and lamb bones. This requires overnight refrigeration which is not included in prep time.
- leftover lamb bone, of a leg of lamb
- 1 1⁄2 cups leftover lamb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, leaf part, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning (or other seasoning mix)
- Chop bones in half and then place in a large soup pot, adding meat, celery, carrot, onion, peppercorns and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 hours, skimming and replacing water about every 30 minutes or so so water stays at approximated original level.
- Drain using a colander over a bowl or pot, retaining liquids.
- Trim meat from bones and discard bones after removing marrow (added to meat).
- Discard gristle, carrots and celery.
- Return remainder (meat) to pot or bowl with broth and refrigerate overnight.
- Skim soup and put congealed broth (with meat) in a pan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, adding curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, bouillion cube and greek seasoning, stirring. Skim.
- Season to taste.