1/2 Photos of Lamb Shanks W/ White Beans & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
6 hrs 20 mins
A Cuisinart slow cooker recipe. Prep time does not include time to soak beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g dried white bean (navy or cannellini)
- 4 (1360.77 g) lamb shanks
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 226.79 g yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 236.59 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and slivered
- 14.79 ml oil, from sun-dried tomatoes
- 9.85 ml rosemary
- 354.88 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml white vermouth (not chardonnay) or 118.29 ml dry white wine (not chardonnay)
- 1Soak beans overnight (8 hours or more) in water to cover by 3 inches.
- 2Drain and pick over beans and rinse.
- 3Place the beans in the slow cooker.
- 4Trim the lamb shanks of as much visible fat and silver skin as possible.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7When hot, add the seasoned lamb shanks and brown well on all sides.
- 8Remove and reserve.
- 9Pour off excess fat from the pan.
- 10Reduce heat to low and add chopped onions and garlic.
- 11Cook over low heat until onions are softened and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 12Stir onion mixture into slow cooker with the beans.
- 13Add sun-dried tomatoes, sun-dried tomato oil, and rosemary.
- 14Tuck the browned lamb shanks into the bean mixture.
- 15Add the stock and wine.
- 16Set to cook on low setting for 6 hours.
- 17Remove lamb shanks, degrease using a fat mop.
- 18Mash some of the beans if desired.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Shanks W/ White Beans & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1343.8
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 308.7 mg
- Sodium 881.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 120.7 g