Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you love lamb shanks and creamy mashed potato, then this recipe will make you glad. Easy to make.
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 300 ml white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Creamy Mash.
- Peel and slice potatoes and boil until tender.
- Drain. In a large bowl, add potatoes, butter, cream, salt and pepper and mash until potatoes are creamy.
- Lamb Shanks.
- Heat oil in a frypan, add diced onion ,crushed garlic and fry gently for about 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add shanks and fry until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, stock, onion, garlic and wine to cover lamb shanks.
- Bring to boil slowly, simmer for 40 minutes with lid on.
- Stir through chopped parsley.
- Serve on a bed of creamy mashed potato.