Recipe by Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho
These are so good, your house will smell divine
Top Review by lazyme
Yummers! This was so simple and so tasty! I had to use a Country Dijon mustard as I was out of the regular stuff. The smell of the garlic and the burgundy was intoxicating and filled the kitchen! I did add a little bit of a cornstarch slurr at the end to thicken the sauce and it turned it very well. I served the veggies on the side with some garlic mashed potatoes. Nice comfort meal. Thanks Chef susan from Sandpoint Idaho for a nice new keeper. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
- 2 large lamb shanks
- 1 medium onion
- 10 garlic whole cloves
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) can consomme
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon maggi liquid seasoning
- corsre kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350.
- brown the shanks in oil in a frying pan.
- place shanks in a roasting pan
- spread mustard on shanks.
- sprinkle on the oregano ,salt and pepper.
- brown onions, carrots and celery.
- add onions and celery to the roasting pan.
- in the browing pan add the consomme and burgundy wine reduce by 1/3.
- pour over the shanks along with garlic.
- place in oven approx 2 1/2 hours.
- turn shanks several times. adding more broth if needed.